Today I played along with the Global Design Project Challenge 051. The Global Design Project this week is all about FOOD! There is so much inspiration we can get from food and using our stamp sets that are food related. What better food then the pineapple stamp? Pineapples happen to be so popular right now and are super sweet! Check out all of this week's projects or play along:
My card this week uses some flirty flamingo and mint macaron along with the new copper foil sheets that will be available for purchase on Thursday from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog :)
- The flirty flamingo card base dimensions are 10-1/4 inch by 5-1/2 inch. Then scored at one end at 3-1/4 inch and then on the other end at 2-1/2 inch to make the off center fold that wraps over the front.
- I then cut a 3 inch by 5 inch piece of mint macaron striped design series paper and 2-1/4 inch by 5 inch piece of mint macaron design series paper.
- Then cut diagonally across at 1-1/4 inch on the 3x5 piece. Then I cut diagonally across at 2-1/4 inch on the 2-1/4x5 inch piece.
- I stamped the tropical leaves using versamark ink onto mint macaron design series paper from the Pop of Paradise Stamp Set and heat embossed them using the copper embossing powder.
- The flirty flamingo ruched ribbon is attached underneath the mint macaron ds paper so that you can tie the a bow to close the front of the card.
- I then attached the mint macaron ds paper pieces to the front flaps of the card and diagonally cut them with 1/4 inch of flirty flamingo border left.
- I stamped the pineapple from the Pop of Paradise stamp set in versamark ink and heat embossed it with copper embossing powers. Then I punched it out using the 1-1/2 inch circle punch. Then using the Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies, I layered the pineapple over a copper foil heart, mint macaron heart, and flirty flamingo heart and attached it to the left side on the front of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today!