December 22, 2018

Sitting and Smiling for the #GDP169

Today I played along with the Global Design Project Challenge #GDP169.  This week's color combination is a gorgeous combination of Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green and Pool Party. There are so many ways to be creative with these colors.  Head over and play along today!
This card turned out much differently in the end than in the beginning...lol!  With this color trio, I wanted to make something non holiday.  I used some vellum and a piece of the Botanical Butterfly DS Paper from the upcoming Sale-A-Bration Catalog.
I took the piece of vellum and cut it to 4" x 5-1/4" and then used my Granny Apple Green Dark Stampin' Blend marker and added color to the vellum.  After this was dry, which just takes a few minutes, I ran it through the Layered Leaves textured embossing folder.
Then I cut a piece of Poppy Parade Card Stock with the new Rectangle Stitched Framelits for the background of my ds paper.  The sentiment is stamped from the Easter Beauty stamp set and layered using the Eastern Medallion Thinlits and the Layering Circles Framelits.  I added a few snips of ribbon as well and punched out some little leaves for added texture.  Thanks for stopping by and letting me share the joy of stamping with you.  Here are all of the Stampin' Up! products I used for today's project:

No comments:

Post a Comment