July 12, 2017

Pals July Blog Hop

Welcome to the July 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re having a Pattern Party! Hoppers will feature projects using their favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper and coordinating embellishments. After all, color coordination is a Stampin’ Up! Strength.

You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
So, when I think Pick a Pattern, what better way to use your washi tape then to make your own patterned design series paper?  I took a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and then used my washi tapes to design the pattern and colors I wanted to use.  One of my favorite colors is Bermuda Bay.  I mixed it with Lemon Lime, Basic Black, and Flirty Flamingo and it turned out very bright and cheery!
It is super easy to make your own washi dsp.  And the best part is it is so much fun!  Here is a picture of the back side of the paper to give you an idea of how it works.  I started from the center of my cardstock diagonally and worked my way out on each side.
The sentiment on this card comes from the Label Me Pretty stamp set.  I layered it over a Bermuda Bay Oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits, then punched out a Pretty Label, then used my Layering Circles and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  Add a few rhinestones and a little lemon lime twist ombre ribbon and voila', it's a pattern party!

Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on August 9, 2017 when our projects will feature “cuts” from punches, dies, framelits, edgelits, or thinlits. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. See you on August 9th! 
 

11 comments: